Monday, October 31, 2016

Oct. 30th Lessons

9:00am DiscipleLand
1st-2nd grade 
Family Life with God Lesson 9--Food
Exodus 16:1-35 (Food in the Wilderness)
Jesus is our Bread of Life
Verse : 
John 6:35
 " Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."
Focus:
~Jesus is the Bread of Life.
~Because God loves us, He cares about our physically needs.
~For 40 years, God provided food for the Israelites in the wilderness.
Missionary Biography: William Carey--Scholar and College Professor
 ================================================
9:00am DiscipleLand
3rd-4th grade 
Follow the King Lesson 9—A Split Decision
Luke 4:14-44
Jesus welcomes all who is ready to believe the truth.
Verse : 
Luke 4:18
 " “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
    because he has anointed me
    to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
    and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,

Focus:
~People in Nazareth closed their minds and rejected Jesus and His message.
~People in Capernaum listened to Jesus with open hearts and believed in Him.
~Jesus cares about and helped the poor, sick and oppressed.
Missionary Biography: Hudson Taylor—The Riot
==================
10:45am TRU
1st-4th grade
Main Focus: God Saves
Joseph (Genesis 42-47; 50)

Anticipate: Feast or Famine
It is very hard for those of us to understand what it is like to not only go without food but for a prolonged period of time with no hope in sight.  To the people during Joseph's time, famine was very real.  It was about life or death.  It was also a very scary time when people stop being kind and even start hurting others for survival.  
God who knows all things provided a way not only to save the family line of Jacob, but also other nations through Joseph.  God saves.
Worship with songs: led by Youth Band 
Game: Heads or Tails?

Memory Verse
"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."--Philippians 1:6

God allowed many crazy things to happen to Joseph in order to bring him to the attention of the Pharoah and eventually to save all of Egypt, his own family and other nations from famine (a prolonged time without food). 
God saves!  He saved Joseph by raising him up from a slave and prisoner to 2nd in command in all of Egypt.  God saved Joseph's relationship with his brothers by bringing them to reconciliation.  God saved Joseph's family and other nations from a severe 7 year long famine.  Today, God still saves us from our sins through His Son, Jesus Christ.   Because of our hope in Jesus, we can have hope even in tough circumstances.  God saves. 
When we heard Joseph’s story, it is clear that it was very hard for his brothers to figure out that the “Egyptian” leader was actually their brother Joseph who was sold into slavery and presumed dead many years earlier.  Sometimes we THINK we know a person but find out new things about them as we ask questions. 

Bless:
Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8

Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
    pour out your hearts to him,
    for God is our refuge.

May our children know that God loves them.  He saved them.  He protects them and will always be with them in difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment